Designed as a science and technological partnership, the Darmstadt, Germany-based Merck Accelerator Program connects Estonian startups to innovation projects of Merck and its Innovation Centre; applications for the programme are open.
This is a paid content.
A wise man once said, “If I can make it here – I can make it anywhere.” Obviously, he was talking about the Estonian capital of Tallinn. As a major IT hub in Europe (if not the epicentre), Estonia had earned an international reputation of making things happen faster than you say, “The Internet of Things.” It’s no wonder that investors looking for game-changing start-up technology always have Estonia on their minds.
Small, yet monumental
Estonia proves that landmass has nothing to do with global reach. Its population of innovators and visionaries welcome all new perspectives, ideas and modes of thought. For them, it’s all about moving forward and accelerating human progress.
That’s why for all these reasons and more, the Merck Accelerator is looking to partner up with Estonian startups breaking new boundaries in the fields ofliquid biopsy, bio sensing and interfaces, clean meat and other company core areas, such as health care, life science and performance materials. The goal: to join forces in order to co-create solutions and make an impact in tackling the challenges of humanity.
In achieving this, startups can look forward to participating in the accelerator programme and growing their business. After all, 90% of the startups that graduated in April from the last intake of the Merck Accelerator, are either collaborating or in negotiations to partner up with Merck.
Apply and collaborate
The accelerator programme offers collaboration-ready startups something truly unique:
a place where their creative and future-oriented vision is combined with the extensive know-how experience and backing of a global leader in science and technology. The application phase is already open for startups to participate in the Merck Accelerator that takes place at the company’s Innovation Centre at the heart of its headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. All participants of the three-month programme can look forward to:
- Get a business partnership: Merck wants to partner with promising startups to build sustainable, strong and successful business relationships.
- Get access to Merck’s internal resources and networks: Connect with a global network of over 50,000 experts and profit from their expertise and knowledge.
- Mentoring and training: Tailored coaching sessions, workshops and mentoring by senior management as well as internal and external experts.
- Funding: Kick off your collaboration project with up to €50,000 non-equity-based funding.
- Prototyping: Use high-tech prototyping tools at the Makerspace of the futuristic Merck Innovation Centre.
- Community: Build lifelong relationships with startups and internal teams.
- Access to the Chinese market: Selected startups will also have the chance to extend their stay in Merck’s China Innovation Hub.
Partner up and accelerate your business
The three-month programme focuses on co-development and creation of sustainable business partnerships, focusing very much on the Innovation Fields of the Merck Innovation Centre.
For example, those startups working on bio-sensing and interfaces will benefit from extensive expertise in Merck’s therapeutic areas as well as advanced materials, whereas those working on innovative and next generation liquid biopsy solutions will benefit not only from the company’s expertise in reagents, kits and the latest technology, but also extensive biomarker knowledge and a deep understanding of disease biology.
These are just some examples of the possibilities such a leading science and technology company has to offer, but you may want to hear what other startups say about the programme:
If you’re looking to take your startup from Estonia to everywhere else, register here for the Merck Accelerator Program and don’t miss the chance to win Merck as a partner for your company! The deadline to accelerate your business is 25 August.
Cover: Participants at Merck Accelerator.