The independently run Estonian World has been read by a few million people around the world since our humble start – it’s the result of hard and persistent work, not money; however, in order to carry on and run the outlet, we need a major boost to cover our expenses – and for that, we ask our readers to contribute.
For over six years, we have been there for you. Now we need you to be there for us.
Estonian World is in a critical need of funding.
When we – three private individuals – founded Estonian World, we didn’t do it for money. We did it because as young Estonian expats, working in London, we wanted more people in the world to know about how Estonians do things and what we are all about. We’ve offered our online content for free, but that comes with a price for us – as the staff and technical costs need to be covered.
Therefore, we can’t keep up our work without your help. To continue creating this professional media outlet, we need support.
Why support Estonian World? Here’s why:
* Estonian World is a global Estonian media outlet that has had readers in over 200 countries and territories.
* Estonian World publishes human interest stories, long interviews and feature stories, placing a lot of emphasis on culture, identity, traditions and history. It also constantly highlights new creative talent from Estonia.
* Estonian World runs dedicated security, tech and science/education sections.
* Much of Estonian World’s content is published through a global angle, meaning it creates interest among the people who live abroad. Approximately one-third of our readers are the descendants of Estonians – they don’t speak Estonian anymore, but like to keep up with Estonia. Estonian World provides them with this opportunity. Estonian World is like a bridge between those communities and Estonia proper.
* Increasingly, Estonian World is an important source of information for Estonia-based expats who want to learn more about the country.
* Estonian World’s servers are based in the US and so is part of its team. In case of a critical security situation, such as a hypothetical attack against Estonia, Estonian World would be one of the media outlets that would continue to operate and inform its readers across the world.
* Estonian World is followed by many globally influential figureheads, such as the former Swedish prime minister, Carl Bildt; the Economist’s senior editor, Edward Lucas; CNN and Daily Beast author Michael Weiss; writer Sofi Oksanen; the UK Secretary of State for International Trade, Liam Fox MP – and many others. In addition, our articles have been picked up by global media outlets, such as the BBC, Business Insider, the Daily Mail and the Independent.
* We are a team of professional journalists whose greatest assets are integrity, honesty and sticking to the truth. Yes, we strive to be positive, but we don’t sugarcoat. Our professional ethics dictates objectivity above everything else. It is also the reason we’ve kept it ad-free.
* Last, but not least – Estonian World is the most popular English-language media outlet about Estonia in the social media, with over 45,000 followers. In 2017, it was rated as the number one Estonia authority on the social media by the Paris-based agency, Agilience.
Every little help towards our €5,000 goal is appreciated. Please consider supporting us in our efforts – here’s how you can support us via Patreon or PayPal (see Donate via PayPal button).
Alternatively, you can also use bank transfer:
Bank: LHV Pank (Estonia)
Name: Estonian World Media OÜ
Cover image by Kaupo Kalda.